Sabtu, 13 Desember 2008

AGO detains website developer in justice ministry graft case

The Jakarta Post , Jakarta  

The Attorney General's Office (AGO) detained Friday business owner Yohannes Waworuntu for his alleged role in setting up a website to allowed service fees to be skimmed from the Justice and Human Rights Ministry.

AGO's investigators questioned the director of PT Sarana Rekatama Dinamika (SRD) for about seven hours before placing him in the detention center at South Jakarta's prosecutor's office.

Upon leaving the AGO, Yohannes said investigators were blaming him for having signed a cooperative agreement between SRD and the ministry representatives in 2000.

"But I didn't know anything about the embezzled funds that got siphoned off to SRD and the directorate officials, he told Friday.

He said SRD shareholders Hartono and Harry Tanoesoedibjo had directed him to sign a letter saying he was one of the company's shareholders.

"In return, Hartono released me from the debts I owed him," he said.

Responding to Yohannes's statement, AGO spokesperson Jasman Pandjaitan said Friday investigators would examine it to further their investigation 

The case revolves around the embezzlement of fees paid through the website for setting up new legal entities, as required by the Directorate General of Legal Administration. The system has been operational since 2001 and is accessible through the ministry's website 

The AGO has said the fees collected should have gone to the state as nonrevenue. Instead, officials at the directorate general allegedly transferred 90 percent of the revenue to SRD, with the remaining 10 percent going to public officials. The AGO says the
case has caused Rp 400 billion (US$ 35.3 million) in state losses. (ewd)

2 komentar:

  1. ican't coment cause ican't speak english

  2. no coment i can post here. Can't speak english


Silahkan Anda memberi komentar dengan menggunakan gambar-gambar diatas, dengan cara copy paste saja karakter di sampingnya dan selanjutnya menuliskan komentar. Komentar boleh memuji, mencela atau kedua-duanya asal tidak SARA.

Jika ingin komentar anda tidak dipublikasi, silahkan klik disini

Masih kesulitan juga membuat komentar? silahkan klik disini